Thursday, January 4, 2007

resolve to resolve something easy

I once read that something like only 8% of new year's resolvers completely stick to their pledge by year's end. Makes you think, why should I resolve at all, right? Well, it's a nice idea. A new start. So, this year, I'm gonna pick something that's easy. After all, it's not like I'm about to resolve to something that's painful... like the year I resolved to run a marathon. Which I did run, but was painful.

So this year, I'll make an effort to get myself off the cozyness of my couch and away from my "Alias" addiction, and go see more live music / shows. Diversify. Pick a random band at the Empty Bottle or Schubas or Metro and go. I know this isn't the most altruistic or self-bettering of pledges. But it'll be fun. And I love going to shows. And there'll be beer when it sucks. You win some, you lose some, but you also support people who are trying to make music. Which I admire very much.

I'm starting with "Treaty of Paris" at Metro this Saturday:


Local chicago band. Powerpop/punk. Check out their myspace.

Cheers.

No comments:

Archive